Welcome to our website !

Cosy Autumn Reads

By 01:01

Hiya! Recently I've collected a group of books that I've enjoyed and I thought it would be the perfect time to share some cosy reads, because its the perfect time to curl up with a book! I know that a couple of these books are aimed at people a lot older than me, but I still enjoyed them and think they are all interesting in their own ways! So snuggle up, light a few candles and tuck into a nice read this autumn!

Love, Elle x







These first two books are particularly better for younger readers who are my age or under, although I wouldn't recommend anyone younger then me reading Looking For JJ!


Girl Online On Tour is the sequel to Zoella's (Zoe Sugg) bestseller Girl Online. While I did only buy the first book for its author, I actually really enjoyed it, and I am enjoying the second one just as much! I think that the way is written is really honest and you feel as if you can really connect with the main character! Without giving the plot of the first book away, this book is about a girl named Penny who is about to go on tour with her boyfriend Noah, who is a famous singer and musician! Its quite an easy read but its so perfect to snuggle down with this book!


Looking For JJ by Anne Cassidy isn't such a recent book (Zoellas book came out two days ago!) its still a really interesting read! Its quite dark and gritty; its all about a ten year old girl who kills another child.  However, this book was really hard to put down and keeps you on the edge of your seat!  





I wouldn't recommend The Miniaturist (Jessie Burton) for many people younger than me or really anyone else my age. Set in the 1600s, it has quite a deep plot that is centred around what is was like to be a wife back in those times, and the many dangers that there were. It  also is beautifully written and quite cosy to read about a book set in another era.


The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern) is quite possibly my favourite book ever! Now me, my Mum and my Dad have all read it and we all loved it! The way its written is absolutely incredible, because it describes this elegant black and white circus with thousands of beautifully imagined rooms that just makes it so magical. It is absolutely one of the most interesting books I've ever read and I just love it so much!




Elizabeth is Missing is quite a sad book, as the plot focuses a lot on the dangers of dementia as people become older, and the main character of this book (Maud) is very forgetful because of this. She finds herself in all sorts of places, not remembering why she is there or what she is doing. The only thing that she can seem to remember is 'Elizabeth is Missing'.  I did enjoy this book, it really opened my eyes to dangers you face when you become older, and I really enjoyed the mystery side of this novel. Again, I don't recommend this book to people younger than me, not because I think its not suitable, just because, I don't think it would be as enjoyable to someone that age. 



Far From The Madding Crowd is a classic, and I think that this time of year is the perfect time to wrap yourself up in a classic story, and this is one of my favourites. I don't think I need to explain what this is about as I feel that its not something new that I've found that I think others might like to try, its just a suggestion to read some classics over autumn. This one I have read more recently, and I loved it! Other classics for autumn:

The Catcher in the Rye- J.D Sallinger
Tess of the d'Urbervilles- Thomas Hardy
Little Women- Louisa May Alcott 
The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald








You Might Also Like

0 comments